Thank you for your interest in Skye Primary School. Enrolments for next year are now being taken. Please contact our School Office to arrange a tour and for a school information pack.
Enrolling in Grades 1 – 6
Enrolments are taken throughout the year for year levels 1 – 6. Please contact the school office for further information.
Enrolling for Prep
Prospective families are welcome to visit the school for a tour of our facilities. Tours can be conducted either within a group tour, our school will advise prospective parents of these pre-arranged tour times; or at a mutually convenient time with the school and the prospective family, and include the opportunity to see the school in operation. Please contact the school on (03) 9786 1555 to make an appointment for a tour.
Prep enrolment Information
Prep enrolment commences in the year prior to children starting school. Children enrolling in Victorian schools must turn 5 years old by 30th April in the year of entry and are usually enrolled in the year prior to their commencement (the pre-school/kinder year).
- Skye Primary School provides the opportunity for enrolled pre-schoolers to participate in our ‘Step into Prep’ orientation sessions, beginning early Term 4.
- An Information session for parents of prep children will also be held early November prior to your child commencing school. This will be an opportunity for parents to meet the class teachers and other prep parents, and to also hear information that is important for parents to know in ensuring a smooth start to your child beginning prep at Skye Primary School.
- Prep Transition Sessions begin mid November and occur over a three week period.
Whilst enrolment for prep can be undertaken at any time, we encourage families to enrol as soon as possible to assist the school in forward planning.
How to enrol your child
After a school tour, please supply the following documents when enrolling your child:
- Completed School Enrolment Form
- Copy of the Birth Certificate or Passport
- Copy of the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register or School Age Entry Immunisation Certificate
- Copy of Passport with the Visa Entry details or evidence of Naturalisation or Citizenship if the child was born overseas
‘Step into Prep’ at Skye Primary School
‘Step into Prep’ sessions are not compulsory, but is a relaxed way in which you as a parent can assist your child to ‘Step into Prep’ for their first time!
Tuesday 17th October
Think, Create, Play – Parents are invited to stay and participate in structured activities with their children.
Tuesday 24th October
Magic with Music – Drop your child off for some music fun and join us for a parent information session—How to support your child in pre-prep literacy development.
Tuesday 31st October
Make and Create in Art – Drop you child off for some fun with art and join us for a parent information session—How to support your child in pre-prep numeracy development.
Prep Parent Information Session
An Information Evening will be held on Thursday 9th November, 2017 at 6.30pm.
This session is to assist parents enrolling children into prep for next year, that your child is prepared for school. The following topics will be included for discussion on the night – expectations of our school, learning at Skye Primary School, Home-School partnerships, and how parents can assist their child in a smooth transition to primary school.
Prep Transition Sessions
These Prep Transition Sessions help prepare children for the move from pre-school to school. The program assists children in becoming familiar with the school environment and in developing a closer relationship with peers and the Prep teachers.
Tuesday 14th November
9.30 to 10.30am
Kiss and Go – Once your child is settled, please leave the classroom and we will see you back for 10.30am pick-up.
Tuesday 21st November
9.30 to 10.30am
Kiss and Go – Pick-up time is 10.30am.
Tuesday 28th November
9.30 to 10.30am
Please come and join our Principal for an informal question and answer time over a cuppa supplied by our PTF in the staffroom.